The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is delighted to announce that Oxford based Expert Wealth Management has achieved Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM (AFPF) status.
The firm has joined an exclusive list of 69 CISI Accredited Financial Planning Firms that have demonstrated their professionalism by meeting the highest standards of excellence in financial planning.
Consumers can find the list of AFPFs in their area by accessing the CISI’s findaplanner website and inserting their postcode.
Jacqueline Lockie CFPTM Chartered FCSI, CISI head of financial planning, said: “It’s a pleasure to welcome Expert Wealth Management as an AFPF. It is great for the profession as a whole to see more firms recognising the value of seeking this accreditation, and the benefit that having CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioners can bring to clients by offering a comprehensive cashflow financial planning service.”
Directors Jonathan Hunt FPFS, CFP™ Chartered MCSI, (left) and Dominic Spalding FPFS, CFP™ Chartered MCSI (right) said: “We believe that financial planning is central in helping our clients lead successful and fulfilled lives. We are delighted to be recognised in our endeavour by achieving Accredited Financial Planning Firm™ status.”
For a firm to become an AFPFTM it must evidence or declare:
- The clear provision of a full financial service for clients, including cashflow modelling
- That its financial planning proposition is clearly communicated and promoted to clients within its marketing materials
- A consistent fee structure that is company-wide and communicated clearly to clients
- Policies and procedures that are consistent with the CISI’s Code of Conduct and practice standards
- A business structure that reflects a clear fiduciary responsibility to clients clear and visible investment philosophy
- Awareness by all staff of the firm’s financial planning service and how it differs from financial advice
- Use of paraplanner support
- On application at least 50% of the firm’s FCA registered advisers must be qualified as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional (with AF5)
- At least one director/partner of the firm must be a current CFPTM professional
- All advisers directly providing the financial planning service to clients on the firm’s behalf will have been tested on their financial planning skills at an advanced level or will be mentored/supervised by such an adviser
- All advisers will be members of a relevant professional body and agree to abide by the body’s Code of Conduct and practice standards
If a financial planning firm wishes to apply to become a CISI Accredited Financial Planning FirmTM or to renew please contact Jacqueline.Lockie@cisi.org