A manual application form is required for advisers who are:
- Applying for their first SPS
- Returning to work from statutory leave
- SPS has expired and have returned to an advisory role
- SPS has expired (outside of 45 day renewal window) and you are unable to renew online
- Want to realign their SPS start date
- Want to renew their SPS with CISI from another awarding body
Please submit the above application form with all required accompanying evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will receive an
automated email response upon receipt of the application form.
We will aim to issue SPSs within 10 working days of receipt of an application as long as all the required information
and accompanying evidence has been provided. If information or accompanying evidence has been omitted from the
application and we need to request more information from the adviser, the SPS may take longer to process. Advisers
must ensure they meet the SPS requirements before they apply.
Due to the high level of incomplete or inaccurate SPS application, individuals now will be advised by email that
their application is unable to be processed and will be given three days to supply the missing documentation.
Regrettably, if this information is not received by the end of the third day, the application will be returned,
We are no longer required to charge VAT on SPS fees due to interpretation of guidance on VAT from HRMC.
|Application Type (UK, GSY & IOM)
| SPS application
|Online renewal application
|SPS Renewal application with membership
|Manual renewal application (The administration
fee will not be applied for applicants returning to work from statutory leave or for members that
are transferring their certificate to CISI from another professional body.)
|| £37 plus £25 administration fee
If you have been absent from work and unable to meet the required 35 hours of Advisory CPD, your firm is permitted to
suspend the requirements of TC 2.1.17R in respect of a retail investment adviser for the period of time during which
the retail investment adviser is continuously absent from work, if that absence is due to:
How to opt out of CPD
- maternity, paternity and parental or adoption leave.
- long-term illness or disability.
- caring responsibilities for a family member who has a long-term illness or disability; or
- any other absence allowed in order for the firm to meet its statutory duties in relation to equality and