If you are interested, or would like more information on any of the specialist roles or volunteer opportunities in
this section please register your interest or contact our Financial Services Specialist Executive, Iain Worman
Exam panels include both computer-based testing (CBT) exam panel members and narrative exam panel
Narrative exam specialists can be chief examiners, reviewers as well as panel members.
Exam Panel Member - role requirements
- Attend, on average, two meetings in London each year, each lasting approximately two hours
- Offer advice and guidance on any changes to current practice
- Develop/review/update subject syllabus
- Agree exam content, ensuring its accuracy and relevance
New and challenging questions are continually required by the CISI in order to maintain the quality
exams and learning material. Can you help?
- Use your skills and sector knowledge to write questions, at times that suit you and at your
- Attend a half-day training course to learn to write exam-standard questions
- Complete and pass our Item Writing Professional Assessment and earn £20 per accepted question
Experienced freelance authors with finance experience and who have published work in their area of
- Updating workbooks in line with new syllabuses and any sector developments
- Ensuring that the syllabus is fully covered
If you are interested in becoming a workbook author, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Workbook Author -
We are currently seeking experienced reviewers to review our workbooks. Can you help?
Workbook reviewers provide a detailed review of the workbook and feedback to the
with a high-level knowledge of the area are sought.
- Cross-checking the workbook against the syllabus
- Assessing the author's interpretation of the workbook
- Ensuring sufficient coverage of each learning objective
If you are interested in becoming a workbook reviewer, please email email@example.com
Workbook Reviewer - role requirements
Workbook Proofreaders *Applications are now
Proofreaders are needed to proof workbooks both grammatically and also in terms of
the format and
- role requirements
- Checking for spelling and grammar mistakes
- Checking for formatting inconsistencies
The Review - CISI Membership Magazine
We regularly feature articles and reports in our quarterly print magazine and online.
If you would like to submit ideas or content to our membership magazine, The Review,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact
you if your idea/article
is selected by the editorial panel.
Professional Assessment authors
Professional Assessments are one of our recent products and is a short online assessment aimed at
practitioners show that they are committed to keeping up to date with the latest market
- Use your knowledge of the latest market developments to write questions
- Suggest topics and accompanying content for new Professional Assessments
- Proof read new content
Professional Refresher module authors
Professional Refreshers are our online elearning modules which our members complete with
tests. They can be either technical or soft skill focused.
- Use your experience and skills to recommend topics and content for new Professional
- Help us write questions for new modules, and proof read these